Pacrim’s Tourism & Hospitality Scholarship & Awards Fund for Mount Saint Vincent University
In 2002. Pacrim founded the Pacrim Invitational and had two primary objectives in mind when organizing this tournament:
- To provide a casual business setting for our head office and regional management staff to meet our investors, potential investors, partners and major suppliers; and
- To give back to our community and set-up a scholarship & awards fund for the students of Mount Saint Vincent University’s Tourism and Hospitality Management Department.
To date, the net proceeds of the Pacrim Invitational have provided more than $400,000 to this fund. The funds are distributed to the students as follows:
- The Pacrim Enhancement Fund - provides the Department of Tourism and Hospitality Management with a fund that is used to enhance scholarly activities and provide funding for program needs
- Pacrim Endowed Scholarships - awarded to a student entering the program from high school and to a student entering the program who has just completed NSCC's tourism and Hospitality Management Diploma program
- Pacrim Award of Excellence - presented to a graduating student at spring and fall convocations who graduated with the highest GPA
- Pacrim Travel Award - provides funding to students who are doing their co-operative education work term outside the province
- Pacrim Leadership Award - presented to a student who has demonstrated outstanding leadership qualities in her/his life as a MSVU student and the potential to contribute to the profession in the future.
For more information, please visit www.pacriminvitational.com.